Gone Walkabout.co is a husband and wife operated Independent online business. Their love of adventure flows in the blood whether diving in it, jumping off or out of it, hiking up it, or skiing down it, they have experienced it. From Europe to the Amazon, the Aussie outback to Nepal and beyond. It was these adventures that inspired them to supply the best quality products as used by them.
“With all the big camping, hiking suppliers, most hold a large range of products in stocks however they can’t be expected to be experts on the whole range. Even with their buying power it doesn’t necessarily mean they offer the best value for your money. The reality is they all have huge overheads with premises costs, stock outlay and staff. This creates a gap in the market allowing small businesses like ours to flourish”. Say’s John
With this in mind they want to offer you a couple of products to start. This will allow them to specialize in a niche area. Being solely online they have low overheads so can pass the savings on to you the customer.
The Mossman Gorge Hammock
- HIGH-STRENGTH, SAFELY SUPPORTS UP TO 180kgs – The Mossman Gorge Hammock features 210T military grade parachute nylon material and triple interlocking stitching. It is designed to safely support a maximum capacity of 180kgs pounds.
- HAMMOCK TREE STRAPS ARE SOLD SEPARATELY!
- ADDED MOSQUITO/FLY NET – To keep away those annoying insects from the Great Aussie outdoors.
- LARGER & MORE COMFORTABLE – The Mossman Gorge hammock is designed to have plenty of room for two adults in the 320 x 200cm wide canopy. And with one stuff bag, you can hang or store water bottles, Bluetooth speakers, snacks or books right beside you.
- IDEAL FOR MULTIPLE USES – Versatile, durable, and compact makes the Gorge ideal for hiking, camping, boating, traveling, back-yarding, hanging, chilling, resting, sleeping, reading or just plain relaxing.
- PORTABLE & QUICK INSTALLATION – Set up in no time flat, If you add our tree straps there is no need for knots or to measure just clip into any of the 20 tree strap loops for quick hammock height adjustments. Great for backyard sunny days, camping and hiking trips, or a visit to the beach or a park. Each travel hammock weighs just 1.12kgs with straps and carabiners combined. Take down in minutes using the attached stuff bag so you can store it for your next adventure to the lake or anywhere else you want to relax.
Gone Walkabout Tree Straps
- LIGHTWEIGHT & EASILY ADJUSTABLE – Weighing only 500grams, these two straps offer 20 combined adjustment points, making them ideal for hammocking anywhere!
- LONG ENOUGH FOR A VARIETY OF ATTACHMENT OPTIONS – Each strap is 3 metres long, allowing you to wrap it around big trees, attach it to roof racks, boat masts, rocks, or whatever is on hand.
- SAFELY SUPPORTS UP TO 180kgs – Constructed from Poly-Filament webbing with overlapping attachment whorls, the Gone Walkabout Tree Strap is the ultimate in hammock suspension.
- EASY TO USE – These straps are quick to setup and fast to take down. They work with most hammocks on the market.
In the Beginning……. Where did the Hammock Originate? Many anthropologists believe that the hammock dates back some 1,000 years to Central America, where the Maya and other indigenous peoples crafted … Read More